Friday, September 7, 2012

Gotta Brag Just a Little......

Okay, bear with me here.  I am having one of those proud momma moments and I wanted to share it.  If it is going to make you sick or you just don't want to hear about how amazing my kids are then go ahead and stop reading now, I promise it won't hurt my feelings!

Last night we got to watch our baby girl be inducted into the National Junior Honor Society.  I sat there listening last night during the ceremony and got to thinking about how incredible it is that we have two girls who both were nominated and selected for this honor.  To become a member you must be nominated based on your G.P.A.  I am honestly so proud of how hard both of my girls work in school.  There is no way their father or myself would have been nominated with the grades we got in junior high!  After being nominated, the students have to write an essay about leadership and fill out an application listing their extracurricular activities and community service hours.  Again...how did I end up with amazing kids that give of their time and energies and love doing it.  I am so amazed every day at what wonderful young women they are and I am so excitcd to watch them grow and mature. 

 Lindsey and her friend Maddie were both selelcted for NJHS.
 
Caity was inducted last year and this year her friends Baylee and Meg joined her.

I think it is only fair that I tell you that Mark needs to get the credit for they way they are turning out.  He is an amazing dad.  He spends crazy amounts of quality time with them, works tirelessly to make sure they are confident, selfless, and that they know how much they are loved by their earthly father as well as their Heavenly Father.  He is without a doubt the better half of our parenting duo and they would not be turning out this way without him.  So, I would just like to publicly say that I think my girls are pretty amazing and I think that my husband is too. 
Okay, I am done now.  Bragging over.

No comments:

Post a Comment